Sharing the recipe:
3 cups All Purpose Flour.
2 cups Castor Sugar.
1 1/2 cups - Evaporated Milk (Ideal Milk)
3 teaspoons of baking powder.
1 teaspoon of ovalette.
Few drops of vanilla essence.
3 Eggs - Chilled
(Umi said the eggs should be chilled, the reason??? I have no idea...follow aje la..! LOL)
Filling: Of your choice - strawberry, nutella or it can just be plain apam
Colouring: Again, ofyour choice (I use Wilton Gel Food Colouring)
1) Mix flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, ovalette, milk and vanila essence in a bowl using a mixer, at maximum speed, until fluffy (Trust me, it will fluff alright..!)
2) Divide the batter into few portions (number of portions depend on the number of colours you have). In my case, two colours are fine - leceh nak buat banyak colour! . Add in a few drops of colour in the batter (fells like in an art class!)
3) Using a piping bag, pipe the batter into paper cups/mould until half full. Or, if you don't have piping bag, you can use normal clean drinking plastic bags nipped at one corner.
4) Fill the cups half way and put the filling in the center and top-up the cups with batter until 2/3 full. But if things got too messy, just spoon the batter into the paper cups/mould.
5) Then do the dots.
6) Finally, steam for 10-15 minutes.
The choice of what color to use for the apam and its dots is entirely up to you.
And of course, not necessarily dots. I saw pictures of apams with smiley faces and names written on them.
Some sites that I refer to gave these tips: When steaming the apam, use medium heat. Or else the apam will crack in the centre. .
Beloved Umi, here's the end product.
In terms of looks, tak berapa 'hensem'.. Ha ha... But in terms of taste, not bad... sedap!