Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Challange...

Last week I faced  one of the most challenging weeks I have ever had. I should not have taken on the number of orders I had but somehow the little voice in my head kept telling me I would be able to do it (maybe I am a sucker for self inflicted stress!). And on top of all that I have to get my LIMA 2011 exhibition report ready on/by Monday, before my big boss leaves for X'mas holiday...!

The Sunday before, as soon as I return from my business trip, as I prepared for the storm I really did worry how I would get it all done. It was not a matter of not finishing (I knew I would finish) but more the matter of the amount of sleep I would have to sacrifice to get there. Oh dear..


At one point, my dining table was packed to the brim with cupcakes and cakes - cuppies, cakes... here and there... everywhere...!

 Not to mention trying to schedule the deliveries. Two of the orders all had to be delivered to venues all over town before 11:00am. It's at times like this I wished I had my own delivery driver.
But you know what? As I now sit here and reflect on last week, I think the pressure and challange was just the right amount of fire up my bum I needed to get myself to move faster and be better. I realised what I thought would take me a long time to do based on past experiences actually did not. I managed to really push myself and I guess when you have no other choice, something inside yourself snaps and you somehow just move, move, move!

I heard my daughter's singing from her bedroom upstairs..
"...Mummy...you've got to move it.., move it...!"


No comments: