Monday, November 15, 2010

Cupcakes Workshop: Bringing out your creative side...

The last couple of week hasn't been a very good one for me. I got sick and have been recovering since, hence the long silence of my blog ....urgh... :(

I hate the feeling of fuzziness in my head and the weak feeling in my body. I'm still feeling a bit tired this last couple of days, but luckily I've got a long weekend this weekend for me to build my strength up.

To update...

...on 6th of Nov 2010, I ran my very first cupcake decorating workshop at PPR Pantai Ria-Pantai Dalam, working hand in hand with Pusat Pemerkasaan Remaja (PERKASA), UKM.

What I love best about my workshop is seeing people who come proclaiming...
"Cikgu, I'm not a creative person" - bring out their inner artistic side.

In the span about about 3 hours, I get to see wonderful people like Azrina, Ainie, Eina, and other lovely girls (dang... I can't remember all their names...!) - go from never handling rolled icing to creating fun and colourful sugar art. These lovely ladies were such naturals...


For someone who has had no idea about rolled icing, some of the students had very steady hands and handled it really well. They were a quick learner and also had a note pad to take down notes! I was impressed and flattered that something I said could be worthy of notes ...*chuckle*.

Here are some pictures from the workshop... (thanks to Mustaffa of UKM for the photos...)


...this is how you do it Sweetie... ... don't give up...

...working on with fondant... keep rolling that fondant girl..!

... icing the cuppy.... thats neat Azrina, well done....

...hmm.. OK, lets see... should I start with the left or right eye first...!

...easy does it....

...putting out the final touch.....

... Yes, she did it...!

...Ta...Daa... some of the cupcakes made by the students.......I love the cute little faces of the hedgehog & hedgehogette...
(...*LoL* ...macam-macan colour ada...!)

I like the feeling of showing someone how to do something and see them succeed so well. The girls were such naturals and created these in their own style and it was so fantastic seeing their sketches turn into sugar reality.... smile everyone... No, don't say 'cheese'... say 'cupcakes...!'

It was such a great session!
I am very proud of them...!

I believe we all have a creative side regardless of who we are or what we do for a living.

Sure, some people get to use their creativity more than others on a daily basis but we all have it in us.

I haven't really been doing cupcake classes officially (I've only been running them when people email me) but I think I might start promoting it officially on my website. Until then, if you are interested in classes, please feel free to email me to find out more or to register your interest.

No comments: