Thursday, February 3, 2011

Banish those grumpy grey clouds - bake cupcakes...!

Yes! it's raining again - I know I shouldn't complain, after all it does seem to happen rather a lot off late! It was the perfect excuse to bake a little sunshine into my life. Not that I ever need an excuse to bake cupcakes anyway, since I love them in all their enticing incarnations...These ones, I decided, would be lovely-chocolatey-orangey and moist, with a swirl of fluffy pink & white vanilla icing.

Moist-Chocolate-Orange-Zest Cupcakes to banish away those grumpy grey clouds, inspired by the flowers bravely standing sentinel against the assault of the rain in my garden.


So, off I went with flour, sugar, eggs, orange, chocolate and butter - all 'thrown' into my mixer, to be transformed twenty minutes later into gorgeous batter. Isn't it amazing how a bowl full of apparently unrelated looking creamy goo can manifest into something so wonderfully and completely different, all springy and golden. It's like magic!!

No comments: