Friday, February 25, 2011

Frozen Shoulder NOT Frozen Lamb...!

So, I had my orthopedic doctor’s appointment yesterday at Gleneagles on the road to doing something with this gnarly shoulder pain of mine. What should I expect at this time from this suave and sophisticated and totally personable & humourous Doctor of mine..????
Doctor: Hey Nita, lama you tak datang jumpa I. How long has it been - 3 years? whats wrong with you now...?

Me: You know me Dato', I only come and see you when my limbs are falling apart.. (LoL)

Doctor: Is that right shoulder giving you problem again?

Me: No, but its the other one ...there was decreased motion of my shoulder, stiffness and extremely painful.

Doctor: Pulak dah... (so he checked my left shoulder... ) - Ni Frozen Shoulder..!
You see ...the joint capsule of the shoulder joint has ligaments that hold your shoulder bones to each other. And when the capsule becomes inflamed, the shoulder bones are unable to move freely in the joint. That is why you are in so much pain....& you know that you need to go for Surgery..

Me: Surgery...??? Oh no, not again..!

No comments: