Saturday, January 7, 2012

My theraphy....


I'm pretty high-stung and whenever I'm really upset about something, baking is one of the few things that actually calms me down. Even if I go for a walk or draw a bath, I remain fixated on the issue at hand.  I admit getting outdoors usually helps, but not as much as baking.

...all set ready to go into the oven...
...perfect...!
I suppose the preciseness of it has something to do with it.  As I'm measuring flour, sugar, butter, vegetable oil and eggs - my mind -- at least momentarily -- is off whatever was troubling me.  Plus, I end up taking most baked goods to work, or bake for neighbours, so I can also think about how happy they will be when I show up with a surprise batch of cupcakes, cakes, brownies or the like.

...one for dearest Mom....
...one for my next door neighbour, Syikin, who is due to deliver any day now....
...last but not least, one for the household...
...I stayed up all night to bake these....and its worth it...!
  
The act of baking with all its smells and tastes is associated with nostalgia and can evoke really joyful memories. The process of creating something simple and delicious to share with family and friends can provide the kind of confidence one might ordinarily associate with find the perfect pair of jeans or a promotion at work...

...ahh, finally... I finished all three Choc-Moist cakes at 06:10 hrs..
I am a happy woman now...!




1 comment:

vanillapods said...

Kak Nita.....so luscious wt all those mouth watering ganache!