Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day: World's Highest Paid Professions

Its that time of the year again when newspapers are full of advertisements on what gifts to get for your mother and where to take her for dinner, etc...etc...
Running out of ideas..? Get her that expensive earings, or that comfortable pair of shoes, or that expensive hand-stiched leather handbag. Afterall, nothing is too expensive for the most important lady in your life.
But hold on, is that what she really wants?
You can't put a value on the sacrifices and things MUM does for you. But you can pay her back with the priceless gift of LOVE.
So, show her some this Mother's Day.
Give her a break, cook her favourite food, tell her how much you appreciate her.
And as an annual bonus...Make it really special for her...

I know the fact that my mum wants most is for her children to love and respect her and to appreciate her for all that she has done for us. I am sure there are many mothers out there who feel the same way.

I believe that's the least we can do for someone who picked us up and when we fell, who taught us our ABC, who held our hands on the first day of school, who made sure that we had nutritious food no matter what time of the day it was, who held us in her arms when we were ill and who to date, shares our joys and tears.

A daughter's relationship with her mum is a very special thing, I have a wonderful relationship with my Mum and I'm really grateful for that. Not only she is my closest confidante, she is also the person whom I can turn for advice on anything from clothes to matters of the heart.

Of course, it has not been smooth sailing all along, especially during my teenage years, but again, I don't think anyone can ever boast of that.

The important thing here is not to allow anything to rock that special bond. Sons and daughters must remember one thing.... no matter how angry you may be with your mother, you should never hurt her by saying or doing something which you may regret later.

Why? Simply because she is your mother and because of all the sacrifies she made for you.

So to all you people out there, nevermind if you aren't able to afford that designer bag for your Mum or treat her to an expensive dinner. Share your time with her and shower her with your love and appreciation not only on this one day, but all the year through. That will go a long way with her.

To those who haven't spoken to your Mum in ages, bridge that chasm now and take that first step yourself. I am sure you will never regret it.

I'm always looking for ways to make life easier for my mom who 'slave' away in the kitchen when I was little... She loves cakes... so I made this Blueberry Cheesecake for her on Mother's Day..

Selamat Hari Ibu..Mak

Mmmuuuuaaaahh... Saaayaaanngggg Mak...!

By the way, a recent survey was conducted on the top 20 highest paid profesions in the world. According to the report which includes surgeons, scientists, managing director, engineers and lawyers, on profession consistently tops the list.....MOTHER...

A mother's salary is the highest ...

...because the payment is LOVE.

No comments: