Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Olive Cookies

I dont remember exactly when the clipping of these little treats ended up in my recipe files. I do feel as if it has been there for the better part of a decade (OMG...!). The title of the page reads "Olive Cookies', and was printed on a scrap of paper that often floats to the top of my "must try" pile. Unfortunately, it would then filter back down again, gradually buried under new strips of newsprint and torn-out magazine pages (typical of me..). Up and down pile it would float, until now...


I took the opportunity to bake a batch last night, right after finishing baking the 2nd batch of the Peanut-Butter-Choc-Chips cookies that the 'Cookie Monster' demanded (LoL).

These Olive cookies are charming, snappy, salty-sweet olive-flecked deliciousness and quirky and yet sophisticated - something like in-between cracker and cookie.

I am going to be honest, I think this recipe will devide you into two camps. Many of you will love these salty, sweet treats, and some of you who won't like them a bit. So before you dive in here, and if you're not on the more adventurous side of the fence when it comes to food - you might give them a pass.

Sharing the recipe:

Olive Cookies
100 gm - Butter - room temperature
3/4 cup - Icing sugar - sifted
1 1/2 cups - All Purpose Flour
1 cup - cured Olives - pitted and chopped
(I don't have black olives in stock, so I used the green ones)
1 tbspn - Extra Virgin Oil
2 tspn - Salt

Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then drizzle with olive oil - stir until combined.
Use spatula to stir in the flour just until the dough is smooth.
Add olives and stir until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. You will end up with a sticky dough. Spoon onto baking sheet and press with fork.
Bake until the edges of the cookies are golden brown for about 15 mins.

Makes a few dozens tiny cookies.

Enjoy.

No comments: