“Loaf” ...hmmmm.....probably will be the name of the imaginary bakery I want to open one day....yeah., one-fine-day..! Besides my cakes and cupcakes, there I would sell all sorts of cakes baked in loaf pans: One of which is this Lemon-Orange Pound Cake.
Won’t you buy a pan and help me stay in business?
|(Thanks Amami for the order..)|
OK, lets share the recipe...
- 1/2 pound (250gms) butter, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 table spoon Lemon rind of 1 lemon
- 1 table spoon Orange rind of 1 orange
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.With a mixer, cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar, a little at a time. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Mix in vanilla, orange and lemon rinds. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.