Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Turquoise Ombre Cake & Cuppies...

I've recently been fixated on the beauty of graduated layers of color, also called ombre. From ribbon, to curtains, fashion, and of course cakes. I've been seeing gorgeous ombre colors all over the place!

When our Taman planning to have a 'Hari Raya Gathering' last Saturday, I decided to bake and decorate my cake and cuppies with turquoise colour.
   
  

Here is my pretty, turquoise, starlet cake! ...

... that comes with matching cuppies..!  

I would love to see some of you try this in other colors... yellows to orange, shades of lavender, or pink...!  Oh I may need to make another one soon!
 
What colors will you try?
   
 
Ombre:  A French term meaning "shaded." Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark.



1 comment:

afiza said...

Nita-this is just sooo beautiful. simple yet elegant!! love it...