Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Project Raya Bersama Anak-anak Yatim: 18 Sept 2011

I had trouble sleeping last night because I kept thinking of those kids - I often was caught up in prayer.  I did not sleep at all last night, so I thought I would let you all know.. (*yawn*)
Al-Quran clearly stressed in several verses that tell us to do good to the orphan. I have a heart for children and I take very seriously the Al-Quran mandate of  Surah Al Baqarah Verse 2:220

"To this world and the Hereafter. And they ask you about orphans. Say, "Improvement for them is best. And if you mix your affairs with theirs - they are your brothers. And Allah knows the corrupter from the amender. And if Allah had willed, He could have put you in difficulty. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise"



It is my passion and privilage to love all of them.  This is who I am and what I'm called to..
..and this precious little one really caught my eyes......

The event was not completed without a Birthday bash for some 15 birthday kids.  Hence, a huge birthday cake was made for them...
Kids + party = cupcakes...
... of course...

1 comment:

GadizGula said...

i love the cakes! they are beautiful. and the kids are adorable ;D