Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Love and charity...


One weekend morning I took a walk alone.  Everyday I would pray about things that concerned my own life, and the lives of my friends and family, but this was a special morning.  The night before I had been listening to a quran recital of Imam Saudis, and made me think..."What would it look like if our desires here on earth were to merge with the desires of heaven?  How would that look?  How would our lives be different?


I was pondering on those thoughts the following morning and asked God, "Tell me, what is in your heart:  What do you love? What do you think about?  Instantly, I saw in my mind's eyes, a little girl with a big pleading eyes,  She was sitting alone on a dusty road, with no food, no family and no hope.  I knew she was a symbol of orphans worldwide, and God was sharing with me in that moment what He thinks about, and what is on His mind is orphans.

Now I know that there are a bunch of things on His heart, not just orphans, but in that moment He was sharing with me a piece of His heart, a path, and a calling.  He was showing me that orphaned kids are not forgotten by Him.  He loves them passionately.  He wants to find people on earth who will partner with Him to serve this forgotten population.

It is so much easier to just forget about it.  After all, we don't see many by the roadsides.  We dont see starving, suffering people very often.  It's much easier to think that there is nothing we can do.  But God is challenging us all:  Will we lay down our lives and see what can happen if we partner with Him in His passion?  How would our lives be different?  Please don't mistake me to be saying that everyone should be adopting, or everyone should be giving it all for the plight of the orphan.  I'm not saying that.  But I do know that God has shared with us that this is something  that is greatly on His heart.  And so, the question is, what will we do about it?


It's not about Charity.  It's about Justice.





No comments: