Saturday, October 15, 2011

Peach Buttermilk-Yogurt Cake


 I've been wanting to try this recipe forever.... 

My daughter asked me one day when she was going through my recipe books and looked at me, and said "How many times have we had the same cake thinghy  Mummy?" I thought about it for a minute, then said "Oh, never mind!"

You see, my crazy brain is always coming up with new ideas. I also have a huge arsenal of recipes, not only tried and true favorites, but tons that have been clipped, torn, copied or passed down......
 
  
 ... the first batch...

...the second out from the oven...

...always baked extras  - for your neighbour...(LoL)

...cool and dusted with icing sugar...

 ... that one slice, the moment that all of us been waiting for...
   This cake turns out faboulous it was the perfect combination. If you're looking for a fun, interesting dessert give this recipe a try!

The Recipe:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup - Plain Natural Yogurt
1/4 cup - Buttermilk
1/2 cup - Caster Sugar  (I use only 1/4 cup - dont like my cake too sweet)
1/2 cup - Brown Sugar
3 large Eggs
1 tspn - Vanilla extract
1/2 cup - Vegetable Oil
Peach (I use canned Peaches) 

Ingredients B:  (Sifted all together)
1 1/2 cups - Plain Flour
2 tspn - Baking Powder
1 tspn - Soda Bicarbonate

Method:
Pre-heat oven - 180 deg.
Greased and lined 7-in round baking tin.
Beat eggs with sugar until fluffy, add vanila.
Add buttermilk and; yogurt - mix well, then  add vegetable oil - mix again

Then, add (B) - mix well (do not over mix).
Lastly, cut a few slices of peaches and add into the batter.
Cut balance of the peaches into wedges and place on top of batter.
Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour - depending on your oven.  Cake is baked, when skewer inserted comes out clean.

Cool cake on rack, and dust with icing sugar.

If you dont like Peaches, you can substitute it with Manggo, Pineapple or Prune.
Then, it will become "Manggo or Pineapple or Prune Buttermilk-Yogurt Cake" instead...!

 

No comments: