Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Meeeee......

It was 12:01, a minute passed midnight, the phone rang.. damned..! who on earth would be calling me in the middle of the night and disturbed my beauty sleep! Picked up the phone and there she 'yelled" ..."HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY..! (to be honest, I actually forgot that it was my birthday..!). I heard she gathered her friends around and the girls started singing the birthday song over the phone. Am touched... and smiled to myself when they were done. Aahh... how sweet of the girls.. (hope these girls did not get into troble with the warden for sneaking out of their dormitory at this time..!)

Anyway, it was my birthday last Friday and it was a little sad because it didn't feel so 'magical' anymore. I had a fantastic day (as much as you can have at work!) and the celebrations continued into the weekend with some wonderful presents and people.

When I was younger, I used to look forward to my birthday and count down the days till it was my special day and I got to do anything I wanted (within reason!) and it always seem to take aaaaages to come around. But now that I am older each birthday seems to come around quicker and quicker. I have come to accept that I am 'growing older'. There are so many things I want to learn, do and accomplish, but I feel like I am running out of time. Someone needs to tell this time-person to slow down for a bit :P

Wonderful birthday card from my daughter...
...love you too Girl...

...and this card is from......'the Cupcakes Gang' .....they are like my own kids!..love you too guys..!

And....in case you are wondering...
NO....
NO.., I did not make myself these two cakes :(

To all my family members and friends,thank you for your Prayers and Birthday Wishes.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

happy belated birthday kak lang...moga panjang umur dan dimurahkan rezeki..aminnn

mummy-who-cooks said...

Amin... thanks EDY.

ierah_myra said...

heppy belated besday kak.. semoga sentiasa dilindungi dan dirahmati Allah.. Amin..

mummy-who-cooks said...

Thanks Myra for the wishes..