Friday, June 25, 2010

Convocation Cake & coordinating cuppies...


I don't usually do last minute cakes....and I wasn't sure if I could do it on short notice, but when this baby-brother of mine pulls his sneaky tricky stunts, it's hard to say no! LoL .. :)
Luckily I have a tub of pre-colored blue fondant, so it wasn't too hard.
Since I really didn't have any urgent orders going on, I told him I could do it.
Yesteday, he came by to my office to collect the cake and said.... "did you like how I asked for a cake without really asking for a cake?"
...What a sneak! But the cake turned out great.
The 'book-shaped' cakes were royale sponge cake, iced with buttercream before being covered in brown and green fondant.
For the coordinating chocolate moist cuppies, topped with swirl vanilla buttercream.
The top part of the hat was blue fondant with red fondant tassel.
White fondant gum paste for the scroll.

He said he was a hero for getting the cake, so I'm glad I did it...
...by the way BLUE is his favourite colour..!

Congratulations brother, finally you will be graduating in 'Master in Engineering', and hopefully the PhD will follow soon...

4 comments:

eqbalzack said...

thanks...kot2 ada yg nak order nnt ee bitau...hehe

Mama Zharfan said...

salam ziarah..me jln2 cni :) nice blog & yummy cuppies..
have a happy weekend!!

mummy-who-cooks said...

Mama Zharfan: Thanks for visiting my blog, do become one of my followers.

mummy-who-cooks said...

EE: Thanks.