Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Letting Go...

It hit me like a tonne of bricks while I was preparing meals for our family gathering last Sunday...both my twin baby brothers will be leaving Malaysia one on Tuesday (29th June) and followed by the other twin, the next day (30th June).
Oh, its not a bad thing, so don't worry about it.
They are not the only brothers I have..
The thing is... I have to let them go.., this just isn't easy..!

Both to pursue their PhD in their respective fields- Architecture/Designs & Engineering.

After spending a month holiday in Malaysia - now its time to return to Germany.

Tomorrow... another one is leaving - Destination...Perth

It got me thinking last night on the way back home after sending one of them off...

...LETTING GO...

...is actually one of life's big challenges, isn't it?
I am, seriously, not good at it.
I am a holder-on-er, is that wrong..?


What about Mom & Dad..
No... I am not worry about Dad- he is a tough old man.
By the way, Dad couldn't make it as he was not well, but he had said his goodbyes earlier...

...its always... Mom...

Mom Dearest....
...part of the mission-as mother...is to let them fly on their own, to let them go off into this world with everything you've have thought them, and be independent and free...

Watching this and remembering all that came before is sooooooo bittersweet that one cannot possibly understand it until one is standing there... and realizing that time has passed so quickly, ...and they are not just 'yours' anymore.

Letting go.... and it isn't easy...

Mom..., as always, you are and will do it with grace and style... and it shows in your son's personality (that tears in your eyes... I take it as tears of joy not sad..)

Of course, you know there will always be the bond whether near of far...
you will always be close to their heart. I think a lot of heartbreak on letting go is the 'expectations' of hanging on, but life is always changing growing..!
But Mom..., the boys are 'yours' first, and in your heart, and ours too....
I think they remain 'yours' forever... that's what Mother's love is all about...

My share will come... one day...
Maymun Nalubega-Rozanita-Naziwa...
...as much like other things...
I will have to let her go off.... that would not be easy....

...How do one manage the hard part....
...of letting go....?

5 comments:

eqbalzack said...

waduhh...pjg entry ni...semput ee bace...hehe

mummy-who-cooks said...

EE, get use to it.. kat overseas all in English ye..

eqbalzack said...

wokey...no problem...

kin said...

... touching sungguh.

mummy-who-cooks said...

Kin - with the modern IT nowadays... at least we can communicate quite regularly..