Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow....

I loved rainbows as a kid and always dreamed of reaching its end. I like to talk about that pot of gold which I lovingly refer to as my life. Sometimes even when the scenery looks calm and the rainbow beautiful, somewhere out of sight, all is breaking loose.
Rainbows take many forms - Multiple bows, bows that cross, red bows, twinned bows, coloured fringes, dark bands, spokes and more.
These pictures of 'Primary & Secondary rainbows' were taken at my mom's house last Sunday..
The secondary at left is nearly always fainter than the primary.
Its colours are reversed and more widely separated. Light can be reflected more than once inside a raindrop. Rays escaping after two reflections make a secondary bow.
... fading... ...fading... ...the secondary rainbow...gone....

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW...
[The Wizard of Oz (1939) ]
Somewhere over the rainbow...Way up high...
There's a land that I heard of.. Once in a lullaby...

Somewhere over the rainbow...Skies are blue...
And the dreams that you dare to dream...Really do come true...

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far...Behind me...

Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops...That's where you'll find me...

Somewhere over the rainbow...Bluebirds fly...
Birds fly over the rainbow...Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly...Beyond the rainbow...
Why, oh why can't I?




No comments: